Oftentimes we have prayed and trusted God for something for a long time and it seems like its taking forever for it to come to pass. What do you do when a door is closed against you. Probably a door that you believe should have opened up to you? God says DON’T FORCE IT OPEN. many times we try to help God fulfill His promises in our lives. If He has promised, then allow Him to bring it to pass for you.
Many times we try to help God fulfill His promises in our lives. If He has promised, then allow Him to bring it to pass for you. Ask Abraham. He had waited for almost all his life for a child, and even after God sent His word assuring him that he will bear a child, Genesis 12, it still took another 25 years before he physically held his child in his hands. Genesis 21.
A look at David
David had been running from Saul because Saul wanted to kill him. Saul saw David as a threat to his kingship. God had rejected Saul and anointed David, so Saul was obsessed with killing David so his son would become king when he died. David and his men went to fight a battle and when they got back, the Amalekites had raided their land and taken their wives and children captive. 1 Samuel 30:1-8. And he asked God if he should go after them to recover his family, God told him to go ahead.
He had faced so many troubles in his life. I am sure he would have wondered many times why God was delaying in bringing His promises to pass. he was anointed to be king at the age of 17 and had to wait for 13 years before he wore the crown.
Delay is a process. It’s not a destination. When situations and circumstances happen to us, the devil tries to make us feel that God doesn’t love us, that’s why He allowed delay. But not every delay is from the devil. God holds back some things from us sometimes to test us, to mature us or to save us from our desires.
Romans 8:28 (The Living Bible) And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans.
What do you do when you can’t seem to see God
This was what David did
- Give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Living Bible) No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Encourage yourself with God’s word. There is a word for any situation you find yourself in right there in the Bible. Find it.
- Help others. If you have the solution to someone else’s challenge, be willing to help. Don’t let your need stop you from being a blessing
- Remember that a fruit is enjoyed best when it is eaten ripe. Don’t cut corners to escape your delaying situation. God does not need your help to bring His promise to pass.
- Don’t let your confessions contradict what God has written about you in His word also don’t accept defeat with your words
- Your waiting period is a period when God works on you to mature you for the blessing He is bringing your way
- Don’t ever doubt God. If He says it, He will do it. All He wants from you is to believe.
- Hold on and hold God by His word.
God loves you and wants the best for you. He only needs you to trust Him. Would you trust Him today and let Him be God in your life?
For questions and inquiries contact us. We love you but God loves you more.